By: Mollie Catherine Bohlander
We get it, you’re always on a diet. Why does it always seem like it’s so hard to lose the weight but so easy to gain it all back? Sometimes it’s so difficult to restrain yourself from eating the foods you love, especially when this time of year is all about congregating over fattening food that completely maxes out your daily Weight Watchers points. That’s why we’re here to help you out. These game day snacks are slightly healthier versions of your football favorites and still taste amazing. (Trust me, I feasted on these snacks the second I was done taking the pictures!) So don’t stress, because we’re totally looking out for your waistline.
1. Sauté mushrooms in a nonstick pan
2. Combine ground turkey, 2 tbls of the barbeque sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
3. Add in the fried onions and sautéed mushrooms. Mix on low.
4. Use an ice cream scooper to create mini burger paddies.
5. Create a small well in the center of the paddies with your thumb and place a pepper jack cheese cube in the middle.
6. Fold the turkey meat over the cheese cube.
7. Cook sliders in a saucepan for about 4 minutes on each side.
8. Top with the rest of the barbeque sauce and serve on slider rolls.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Place water in a pan and add skewers. Soak skewers for 10 minutes.
3. Add flour and spices into one bowl and the almond milk into a separate bowl.
4. Combine Frank’s Hot Sauce with the buttery spread.
5. Place chicken on the skewers and submerge them in the almond milk. Then, coat the chicken in the flour and spices mixture.
6. Bake chicken in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Coat the chicken in the hot sauce mixture then bake for 5 more minutes.
8. Serve with bleu cheese and/or celery
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into wedges.
3. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt, paprika, and chili powder.
4. Bake for 30 minutes then flip the sweet potatoes. Bake for another 30 minutes.